[kde-artists] Resolving icon naming conflicts

Kenneth Wimer wimer at kde.org
Thu May 29 11:15:44 BST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 00:56:26 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
<snip>
> I see some issues.
>
> The most important is that the icon names need to make sense not only to
> people but to the KDE Icon Loader code.  Making sense to people is a
> lower standard that being logically correct for the code.  E.G. the code
> will choke on names that are perfectly acceptable to people.

I disagree 100%. We are making this for people, not for machines.

I think that all we need is good documentation of the name change process.
Some things we can discuss. We discussed the zoom issue, disagreed, asked on
fd.o and even dobey agreed with using a generic zoom. Issued resolved, the
name stays as JP has done. Other issues can be handled the same way.

--
Ken