Library/Routine for generating Freedesktop Menu?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 26 18:11:05 BST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008, Kelly Miller wrote:
> Actually, now I have a few interesting questions about Kickoff, because I
> see that the menu is run through qStableSort at the very end of fillNode;
> if that is so, why does it never seem to be in order?

really? it shows itself sorted here. quite reliably, in fact =) if you can
send me some screenshots (privately; no need to spam this list with them =)
that'd be great.

> And there's a slot
> for updating the list dynamically, yet I've never seen it updated
> dynamically this way in either KDE 4.0 or KDE 4.1 alpha...

a patch to fix this just went in recently (or perhaps is still on the review
board? either way, it'll be in 4.1.0)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se