What to do about KShortcutsEditor and undo

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Thu May 22 00:53:22 BST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 11:11:13 schrieb info at michael-jansen.biz:
> > OK. My Solutions
> >
> > 1. Reparent the action collections to the kshortcutseditor in qt
> > tradition. Change the doc to reflect that.
> > 2. Use the QPointer class
> >
> > I would go for 1.
>
> But 1. doesn't work. After sleeping a night over it (literally) i
> realized not everyone
> creates the actionCollections just for the configuration Task. So i
> guess they would be
> rather surprised if we delete the collections.

About 2: it would avoid crashes but the behavior would vary. If the actions
are deleted before the KShortcutsEditor you don't get undo on close, if they
aren't deleted you get undo on close. If you invite the low-level details
they tend to stay even if you wish they'd be gone...

--
I've been authorized by the jurisdiction of whatever city this is to punish
you in whatever way I can think of!