the right home for Phonon

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu May 15 18:15:44 BST 2008

Matthias Kretz wrote:
>b) how should the Qt build work with (external) libphonon depending on
> Qt, but QtWebKit depending on libphonon in the future

Right now, the only things that depend on Phonon in the Qt source tree are
the examples and the mediaplayer demo.

QtWebKit may link to it in the near future, but it currently doesn't.
We'll figure out a way to allow this to happen, even with an external
Phonon release.

Like I pointed out in IRC, QtWebKit can also be built outside of Qt. You
can get it from the WebKit subversion server or from the Git repository
tags.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358