Goya and KRichText

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:55:16 BST 2008

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Sunday 11 May 2008 23:39:22 Allen Winter wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Toma and I think that Friday 16 May would be a nice time
>> to move Goya and KRichText from kdereview into kdelibs.
>>
>> Unless there are objections to these libs, of course.
>>
>> This gives us 10 days of review, plus a few days before
>> the hard feature freeze and the beta1 tagging.
>>
>> So.. please give a look to these goodies in kdereview
>> in the next few days if you have some time.
>
> Four small comments:
>
> 1) Is it intentional that KRichTextEdit has a public QString fileName
> member variable?

Nope, that's a mistake in KRichTextEditor. Fixed it.

> 2) In KRichTextEdit many of the slots have a 'slot' prefix in their method
> name. I suggest to remove it, it's redundant.

I renamed the methods and removed the slot prefix.

> 3) I suggest to merge at least KRichTextWidget and KRichTextEditor into
> one class.

KRichTextEditor is a sample application using the widget. It's not intended
for use by other apps, but will be moved to the test directory to
conveniently test the widget.

Do you mean merging KRichTextEdit and KRichTextWidget? I thought of that,
but the -Edit class might be useful on it's own apparently.

> 4) I suggest to remove 'NestedListHelper' from the public API.

I removed it from the CMakeLists.txt install headers section. It shouldn't
have been there really. It's not intended to be public.

> Simon

Thanks for reviewing it.

Steve.