Drop-in replacement for QFontComboBox, better previews

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:58:09 BST 2008

2008/5/6 Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic at gmx.net>:
> Here's the version where font names are displayed using the default font,
> and only the sample text in the font itself:
>
>  http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-kfontcombobox-02-c.png
>
> I think it's a looker compared to earlier. Anyone opposed?

That looks nice. I would suggest:
1) The TrueType icon be made optional
2) A thin line below the font preview, to help separate the entries
3) Indenting the font preview, for two reasons:
....a) so that the eye makes less of a zigzag motion motion when
moving from the font name to the preview
....b) so that the user can scan the list of font names quickly
without the preview getting in the way

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il