Drop-in replacement for QFontComboBox, better previews

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue May 6 14:42:53 BST 2008

> [: Dotan Cohen :]
> Another argument for keeping the font names is i18n. For English speakers,
> who are used to seeing English is every imaginable font since birth, there
> is no problem understanding which letter is which.

Ah yes, that's a good point -- not so rarely have I winced at a font name
rendered in itself. Even among "normal" fonts, Chancery being a good
example :)

Anyone for not showing the font name in default desktop font?

Another possibility would be to let it render in itself for English, but
allow using the default font on a per language basis, where the respective
language's translation coordinator would make this global choice in kdelibs.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)