Drop-in replacement for QFontComboBox, better previews

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue May 6 14:27:23 BST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 09:05:14 Chusslove Illich wrote:

> >> [: Chusslove Illich :]
> >> My understanding is the following. It may happen that the font name
> >> cannot be rendered in itself, [...]
> >
> > [: Celeste Lyn Paul :]
> > At all or just in the list box?
>
> At all. If you select Symbols Something, or Webdings, and try typing
> normally, they won't show Latin letters.

Ah, I thought you meant when they break and you only see square boxes.  I
thought maybe the list view couldnt display the character preview for some
reason, but the user could still type them in the text editor (or vice
versa).  If a character can't be displayed in the text editor, does it make
sense they can still select it?

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
celeste at kde.org