ksaneplugin (and libksane)

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Sun May 4 17:39:49 BST 2008

Hi,

I have now moved ksaneplugin to kdegraphics, but not libksane.

I did not move libksane because of circular dependency problems:
Gwenview -> libkipi (kipi-plugins) -> libksane

Gwenview can optionally depend on libkipi from extragear to enable
kipi-plugins. The kipi-plugin 'acquireimages' in extragear depends on
libksane.

The dependencies are 'optional' so we would loose either kipi-plugin support
in Gwenview or scan support in kipi-plugins.

It is possible to first compile just libkipi then kdegraphics and then the
rest of extragear-libs, but that would be quite cumbersome :(

I have not removed libkscan (yet?) so that there would be at least one scan
plugin even if libksane is not installed.

--
Kåre Särs