Internationalization problem with application categories

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Mar 31 11:44:50 BST 2008

Hi,

the settings kioslave in the application mode provides a list of
available applications in structured in multi level categories. This is
used for example in konqueror when selecting the "application" link on
the start page.  The start page and application entries are printed in
the selected language, the categories does not have language support,
they are displayed in english only.

As far as I can see comes the categories from the related desktop files
for example does  kalgebra.desktop define the following

Categories=Qt;KDE;Education;Math;

Unfortunally I could not found any language definitions for this terms
neither does the KService::Ptr class return translated categories as it
does for the genericName() method. Do I have missed something ?

Ralf