Explanation for Krazy checks

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Mar 31 09:51:36 BST 2008

On Sunday 30 of March 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to request a bit more verbose explanations on some of krazy's
> checks. In particular I'm thinking about:
>
> * Check for contractions in strings
>   why is it easier to translate do not than don't? In which cases?
>   btw: that one doesn't make the slightest sense if I translate it into
>   german using dict.leo.org

 AFAIK this has nothing to do with translations. Contractions are simply not
formal English.

> * Check for Qt classes that should be avoided
>   Where's the policy document to find out a) why certain classes/methods
>   should be avoided and b) what to use instead? It should be linked from
>   the description.

 Nowhere :). Make it
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Policies/API_to_Avoid and feel free
to add more.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz