Strigidaemon

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:43:16 BST 2008

2008/3/30, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>:
> On fredag 28 Marts 2008, Randy Kramer wrote:
>  > It should not be set to run everytime a computer is started up.
>

> Doesn't strigi use inotify to index files as they change?

It does, but strigi files can still change when strigi is  not running
so we need to do a full scan now and then. Also there is a restriction
on the number of directories you can monitor with inotify. If the
number of directories goes beyond this number, we still need to scan.
Then the load on the system increases a lot because you have to scan
more and you have a lot of files.

Cheers,
Jos