Shortcuts / konsolepart conflict

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Mar 29 09:22:51 GMT 2008

This is a problem relevant to any application using the konsolepart in KDE 4.

I have experienced it using kate and dolphin so far.

Since the keypress events are not processed by the receiving widget first,
shortcuts used by the terminal applications in konsolepart (your shell!) are
randomly defunctional (if the application is using a shortcut it's
unavailable, think of ctrl + s|q as common examples).

In kate, which have many actions == many shortcuts, this strikes especially
hard.

I think we should provide a way for a widget to receive all shortcuts when in
focus, to avoid this problem.

--
Anders

www: http://www.alweb.dk