[rfc] Windows integration utilities - KDE::Windows namespace

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 17:00:53 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> As my approach is indeed the same as Aaron has noted - I am trying to hide
> specific APIs, so as a intermediate step I propose to export methods for
> supporting integration in order to make them uccessible within kdelibs,
> esp. from kio and kdeui, but not for apps.

thanks for clarifying this. that was my only question/concern. in a perfect
world we could make these symbols *only* visible to kdelibs, but i have no
idea if that's rationally possible.

i would suggest putting a note explaining this, however, in the apidox so that
people know that these APIs are not to be consumed directly by applications,
but by other libraries which provide abstractions which require access
underneath to these platform sepcifics. that should make it clear for
everyone.

also, is it intended to install this header? judging from the '.h' prefix, i'm
guessing, "yes"?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se