Making FindBoost prefer Boost_ROOT

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 17:01:31 GMT 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 26.03.08 18:32:26, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> I don't think introducing an environment variable for every package is
>>> a good idea.
>> Why not? We have QTDIR, KDEDIR,
>
> No we don't.

Ok, so maybe I just have them to deal with all the setting of PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc I have to do, then :-). But I still prefer writing
my environment-setup scripts that way; plus it's nice to be able to do
things like 'ls $QTDIR/include'.

>> However, I think you miss the point. Boost *already* has Boost_ROOT*.
>> The problem is that its find does a lousy job of honoring it (because it
>> doesn't check twice with NO_DEFAULT_PATH, a system-level flavor is
>> preferred over one in $Boost_ROOT).
>
> I've recently got a private mail with some fixes for the FindBoost.cmake
> thats (hopefully) getting into a CMake 2.6.x release. I just need to get
> around at backporting some of them to the kdevplatform one (because the
> 2.6 version uses 2.6 features)

Ok. Btw I found I had remove the 'if(NOT Boost_INCLUDE_DIR)' in the
foreach also, since the system one is found immediately, but the
BOOST_ROOT one, being the last version that is checked, isn't found for
several iterations. Other than being slower (not noticeably so, and only
at configure time), I don't think it's a problem.

That said, the version list should probably search latest-first.

Incidentally, I also did this:
-              SET(Boost_INCLUDE_DIR FALSE)
+              SET(Boost_INCLUDE_DIR Boost_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND)

--
Matthew
I'm anti-ascii. Probably because I once worked with a guy who sent EVERY