Making FindBoost prefer Boost_ROOT

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 23:46:11 GMT 2008

On 26.03.08 18:32:26, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Thursday 27 March 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> Besides I'd rather not pollute CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH with
>>> random packages' stuff when I can use Boost_ROOT instead. (Shouldn't
>>> that be upper-case?)
>>
>> I don't think introducing an environment variable for every package is
>> a good idea.
>
> Why not? We have QTDIR, KDEDIR,

No we don't. Both are unsupported in Qt4/KDE4 (the latter may actually
just be deprecated still, though that was already the case in KDE3). Its
KDEDIRS and the purpose is not for building KDE stuff, but for running
apps that are not installed in the same prefix.

> However, I think you miss the point. Boost *already* has Boost_ROOT*.
> The problem is that its find does a lousy job of honoring it (because it
> doesn't check twice with NO_DEFAULT_PATH, a system-level flavor is
> preferred over one in $Boost_ROOT).

I've recently got a private mail with some fixes for the FindBoost.cmake
thats (hopefully) getting into a CMake 2.6.x release. I just need to get
around at backporting some of them to the kdevplatform one (because the
2.6 version uses 2.6 features)

Andreas

--
Cold hands, no gloves.