Feature Plan

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 14:26:12 GMT 2008

On 28.03.08 01:09:14, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:34:45 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 27.03.08 09:23:36, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > Friendly Reminder: please add/update the feature plan [1].
> > > The kdewebdev, kdevplatform and kdevelop sections are currently empty.
> >
> > I can't speak for kdewebdev, but neither kdevplatform nor kdevelop are
> > ready for a release with KDE 4.1 (IMHO, Matt Roger shares my opinion,
> > haven't talked to the other kdevelop devs yet).
>
> I think the release readiness of kdevelop will greatly depend on the results
> of the kdevelop meeting in mid April. We could try to write a plan now but
> I'm not sure if it would help anyone.

I was going to write down some todo's during the weekend (not in the 4.1
feature plan, but on our own wiki for now). Things that (IMHO of course)
should be there in KDevelop 4.0.

> Also, I think kdevelop should be ready at least for a beta release at the time
> of 4.1. (like with KDE 4.0, you have to release some time in order to
> improve)

FACK. I do think our first release might be between KDE 4.1 and KDE 4.2,
as KDE 4.2 is still quite a bit away and hopefully we're faster than
that :)

Andreas

--
You are farsighted, a good planner, an ardent lover, and a faithful friend.