[Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility

Michael Lentner michaell at gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 13:02:22 GMT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 27. März 2008 schrieb Nicolas Ternisien:
> It's an incredible long debate ;-)
>
> Why not having General Settings / Advanced Settings tabs, like to
> previous patch, but having a trailing Settings word, to improve
> visibility of those tabs ? About font size and icons, I have no
> personal opinion, while those tabs are visible and easily clickable.
> (and yes, why not having the frame border again, by using KTabWidget)

The (little) issue I had with the previous appearance of systemsettings was
that the white space on the right side made it appear asymmetric. My mockup
fixes this and removes by the oppurtunity the unnecessary overview button,
what makes it simpler without removing functionality. Imho that's what all
want. My idea was to have dynamic widgets on the bar, the overview button
should only be visible if a kcm is shown, while the general / advances
settings buttons and the search bar only if the overview is shown. But I'm
unsure, how it would feel if the overview button gets pressed and another
button appears directly under the mouse. Could be also no problem at all ;)

Michael