Glimpse in kdereview

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Wed Mar 26 19:55:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

Yesterday I moved Glimpse from playground to kdereview.

Glimpse is a simple scan application that only scans and saves images (no
OCR). Glimpse uses libksane from extragears (not libkscan).

The user documentation is not yet 100% ready, but
Anne-Marie Mahfouf is helping with that (Thanks).

The name is something I have been thinking about. I don't have anything
against Glimpse, but there are 202000000 pages with that word on Google,
sites with glimpse in the domain name and even other software with the same
name. Kapture is a name suggestion that I like (got it from Dread Knight),
but it has a bit of the same problem as Glimpse.

Regards,
  Kåre Särs