system-config-printer-applet-kde in KDE 4.1

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Mon Mar 24 17:38:48 GMT 2008

> [: Jonathan Riddell :]
> This is now in kdereview, do try it out.
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdereview/printer-applet/

There are some issues with i18n.

As it is right now, the applet is using Python's own Gettext binding. If
that is to remain, in Messages.sh it should also use a custom extraction
line. And I'd also rename the i18n calls according to the usual _()/_n()
shorthand-convention of Gettext. The extraction line should be something
like:

  xgettext -k_ -k_n:1,2  *.py -o $podir/printer-applet.pot

speaking of which, many of applet's messages could use plural forms (_n()).
Furthermore, it would be better to use mapped instead of tuple replacement
for multi-argument messages, as xgettext will promptly warn itself.

A better alternative would be to use KDE's proper i18n* calls provided by
the Python bindings, but I've no idea if there are any snags with this. If
no, then we should also provide XGETTEXTPY for use in Messages.sh files of
Python modules.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)