KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/actions

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Mar 22 13:00:51 GMT 2008

Lubos Lunak wrote:
>On Monday 17 of March 2008, Matt Rogers wrote:
>> On Sunday 16 March 2008 16:50:07 Michael Jansen wrote:
>> > SVN commit 786377 by mjansen:
>> >
>> > Mny people complained that global shortcuts silently fail. Issue a
>> > warning for developers.
>> >
>> > Is kWarning ok here?
>>
>> I think so. The message will get lost in the debug output and never be
>> seen otherwise. With kWarning, the user at least gets a message to
>> report to the developer with a non-debug build
>
> I don't think so :
>
>#else  // KDE_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT
>static inline QDebug kWarning(int = KDE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_AREA) { return
>kDebugDevNull(); }
>static inline QDebug kWarning(bool, int = KDE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_AREA) {
> return kDebugDevNull(); }
>#endif
>
> But I guess this is probably a bug, should this be changed to make
> kWarning() work even in non-debug builds?

KDE_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT isn't defined anywhere, but it's left as an option
if the developer wants to hide all the warnings.

It's still possible to turn a given debug area off for warnings, errors
and critical errors via kdebugdialog anyways.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358