Kubuntu Settings in KDE

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Fri Mar 21 03:49:21 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 03:20:24 pm Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> I agree with everything, but not :
> >   * kio_httprc: set Firefox userid on google.com, makes gmail and
> >    calendar work
>
> It's because Gmail add a filter on KHTML that Konqueror does not work
> by default on it, not the contrary, so it's the job of Google to add
> Konqueror as a supported browser if it works correctly. We don't have
> to hide our navigator identity because some sites do not trust him.
> They have to trust it by themselves.

HAHAHAHAHA.... heh, heh...

Sorry for the sarcastic tone, but does NOT fly with the responses I've gotten
from GMail devs, et el. Their view is that as long as Konqueror is not bug
for feature compatible to either Firefox or Safari, we won't get listed as a
supported browser unless Konqy's market share suddenly takes a very drastic
climb upwards.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net