Kubuntu Settings in KDE

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 18:30:53 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 17:58:13 Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Thursday, 20. March 2008, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >  * kwalletrc: don't run first time wizard, its more confusing than
> >    than just asking for a password
>
> On the other hand, using KMail & Co. without KWallet is a pain in the ass,
> and people who don't know that they can do that might not ever discover
> that functionality if they're not pushed to it.
>
> Personally I like to use the passwordless variant, but that's arguably a
> bad default as well, especially if the users don't know about possible
> consequences.

A much simplified first-time dialog box might be better (rather than a full
wizard, just something simple that asked if you wanted to encrypt your
passwords with a master password, and let you put it in if you did).

Alex

--
Pippin: Mr Welfare for the Pelican
www.oxrev.org.uk, www.corpusjcr.org, www.rev.org.uk