Kubuntu Settings in KDE

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Mar 20 17:07:58 GMT 2008

Hi Jonathan,

On Thursday, 20. March 2008 17:42:40 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Kubuntu makes some changes to KDE's default settings.  Some are distro
> specific (e.g. no icons on the desktop) but I think some of these
> should go into KDE directly.
>
> Please comment on which are sensible to go into KDE and which are
> plain wrong.
{...]
> == kdebase ==
>
>  * dolphin: show information bar by default

Hmm, I think the information bar requires quite a lot vertical space. If it
should be turned on per default we also would require to increase the default
width of Dolphin IMHO. Has the default width also been increased for Kubuntu?

Personally I think it should be turned off per default to keep the initial
look clean and provide the available space for the file items.

But I'm quite pragmatic regarding this question and open for any input... ;-)

Peter