[Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Mar 20 15:51:05 GMT 2008

A Thursday 20 March 2008 15:27:02, Peter Penz escreveu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The patch has been commited, without adding icon in the tab bar.
> >
> > http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/system-settings-before.png
> > http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/system-settings-after.png
> >
> > We would like to have the artists and usability opinion about adding
> > or not the icons (in the after.png screenshot) in the tab bar, of
> > course, different from the currently selected in the screenshot.
>
> One additional question for the Oxygen team: As far as I've seen it has not
> been discussed yet whether removing the tab-content-frame in "after" is an
> improvement to the "before" state.
>
> With the current implementation of the Oxygen style removing the
> tab-content-frame leads to an optical issue regarding the sunken/raised
> borders:
>
> - The tab content (= white area) is sunken one level below the window
> level.
>
> - The active tab (= "General") is raised one level above the window level.
> But on the right side of the tabs the separator just flows into the window
> level content, which is not possible. Also the the bottom-left border of
> the active tab contains a small hole that indicates that the tab is on the
> same level as the window.
>
> If an Oxygen artist would send me a screenshot how a frame-less tab should
> look like, I would fix this in the Oxygen style (for sure I'd ask Casper
> Boemann before committing anything).
>
> Anyhow I just wanted to add this point here, as the optical issue bothers
> me since quite a long time in the Konsole window already ;-)
>
> Peter

peter drop by #oxygen so we can discuss it beter the problems, and possible
solutions,, i need to fully understand the problem so ia can try to mock a
solution ....

from what i have seen from the scrennshot the raised tab meets the sunken olle
wth zero trasition ... that is not good

--

core oxygen icon designer