autostart

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 22:03:37 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 19:56:33 David Faure wrote:

> > code which launchs script is here:
>
> I meant in the XDG spec.
> * Does the XDG spec support .desktop files in .config/autostart?

Yes :
http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-0.5.html

> * Does the XDG spec support shell scripts and other binaries in
> .config/autostart?

No I don't think.
It's not defined in spec.

> Or does XDG only say "the autostart folder is in .config" without any
> details about how to handle its contents? Then we might as well do whatever
> we prefer indeed :)
>
> > so we can replace  KGlobalSettings::autostartPath()  by xdg-autostart
> > dir.
>
> Yes (only if we auto-migrate the files)

Yes normal :)

> > void KSMServer::runUserAutostart()
>
> Yeah I wrote this code :)

oops ok :)

> However I don't think it handles OnlyShowIn in .desktop files.

We support it:
kdelibs/kinit/autostart.cpp
AutoStart::loadAutoStartList
       if (grp.readEntry("Hidden", false))
          continue;

       if (grp.hasKey("OnlyShowIn"))
       {
          if (!grp.readXdgListEntry("OnlyShowIn").contains("KDE"))
              continue;
       }
       if (grp.hasKey("NotShowIn"))
       {
           if (grp.readXdgListEntry("NotShowIn").contains("KDE"))
               continue;
       }

--
Laurent Montel,
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects