autostart

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 18:56:33 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 March 2008 15:07:37 David Faure wrote:

> > > Spec Desktop file has OnlyShowIn which specify if we want to start or not
> > > in specific environment. (We can add a "advanced" dialog box in kcm
> > > autostart to specify it)
> >
> > Hmm yes but my Autostart files are not .desktop files.
> > Does .config/autostart also support shell scripts and binaries?
> > In that case OK.
>
> code which launchs script is here:

I meant in the XDG spec.
* Does the XDG spec support .desktop files in .config/autostart?
* Does the XDG spec support shell scripts and other binaries in .config/autostart?

Or does XDG only say "the autostart folder is in .config" without any details about
how to handle its contents? Then we might as well do whatever we prefer indeed :)

> so we can replace  KGlobalSettings::autostartPath()  by xdg-autostart dir.
Yes (only if we auto-migrate the files)

> void KSMServer::runUserAutostart()
Yeah I wrote this code :)

However I don't think it handles OnlyShowIn in .desktop files.