autostart

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 09:06:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

I worked on kcm_autostart and now we can configure autostart files.
Now I am a question:
KDE4.0 supports xdg autostart folder (.config/autostart), so it will better to
create autostart file directly in this folder.
So it will necessary to hide in kcmshell4 desktoppath "Autostart Path" and
remove in konqueror entry "Autostart" (or replace .kde/Autostart
by .config/autostart).
We keep KGlobalSettings::Autostart for compatibility.

And we can create a script to move all .desktop (script) in .kde/Autostart
to .config/autostart.

What do you think about it ?

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel,
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects