'lightweight' QDir::isAbsolutePath replacement ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Mar 8 08:25:55 GMT 2008

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> But - now the main question - is anyone from the trolltech devs here who
>> can ensure that such a patch would be accepted ?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Everybody laughed at lunch when I explained the number of classes it had
> to go through just to do some string comparisons (on Unix, to look at the
> first character).
>
> Depending on the size of the patch, I'll push it to Qt 4.4.

To be clear: My available time will not allow to refactor all the
relating classes. I'm able to make a patch which adds the static methods
I mentioned in http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=120483498825892&w=2

- can this or an equivalent api extension be approved  by TT ?  (It
would not be good to add this patch to qt-copy, to use it in whole kde
code and to be forced to revert this afterwards  ;-))

Ralf