kdesu dialog

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 07:17:28 GMT 2008

Hi,
  It would be really nice to have a class that let you display the
kdesu dialog.  At the moment it is very difficult to run kdesu
properly (and despite several days of trying, I've been unable to get
get kdesu to properly be a transient dialog).

  I was thinking of copying the code in kdebase/runtime/kdesu   to a
class.  I was wondering about how to handle the password however.

  Would it be safe to set the core dump to 0 just while the dialog is
being shown, and then set it back to its previously value when it's
gone?  Presumably I would need to make sure that the memory used for
the password is zeroed.  Could this be handled in a safe manner?

John