Open question to all developers.

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 23:11:23 BST 2008

Hello,

Well, maybe my answer will not be seen as constructive enough because it is
not applicable right now, but I think that in the long term, we need automatic
tools able to build condensed texts merging all the sources of information you
cite.

Let's imagine something: the spider uses classic crawling and search engines
to find data about KDE development. It analyses all this multimedia data and
build a semantic representation of all this, with point of views, levels of
detail, etc. Then Tom (your user) look at a dedicated page for average users
or builds his own profile. Our system then generates explanations in Tom's own
language...

Well, this is still science fiction but a large part of the necessary
infrastructure and tools is already there, often as free software and even as
KDE projects (see strigi and nepomuk).

Then computers will help human beings and developers to understand each others
:-)

Bye.

Gaƫl

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer