Separating kwalletd from kded

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sat Jun 21 19:20:14 BST 2008

On Friday 20 of June 2008, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 20 June 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 of June 2008, Michael Leupold wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > in a short while I will do a commit separating the kwallet daemon from
> > > kded by making it standalone. This was deemed neccessary as after the
> > > migration to DBus kpasswdserver and kwalletd couldn't communicate any
> > > longer because they both lived in kded
> >
> >  ??? Are there some more details on this? This looks like a bug in DBUS
> > and I'd be surprised if we didn't do this in more modules (well,
> > actually, I'm pretty sure we do).
>
> In addition to Thiago's reply to your question, can I remind you of a line
> you wrote? ;)
>
> From kdelibs/TODO:
> - Prevent re-entering event loop in kded to avoid reentrancy problems like
> with kwallet in KDE3 (Lubos).
>
> The idea of splitting out kwalletd (which shows a modal dialog) out of
> kded, should make you happy, it solves at least one of the points where
> kded used to have a sub event loop.

 That's not really the same issue though, it's perfectly possible to have a
dialog without a sub event loop. Connect to its signals, show it, return to
the main loop, wait for a slot to be called.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz