Separating kwalletd from kded

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 20 16:43:16 BST 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 19 of June 2008, Michael Leupold wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in a short while I will do a commit separating the kwallet daemon from kded
> > by making it standalone. This was deemed neccessary as after the migration
> > to DBus kpasswdserver and kwalletd couldn't communicate any longer because
> > they both lived in kded
>
>  ??? Are there some more details on this? This looks like a bug in DBUS and
> I'd be surprised if we didn't do this in more modules (well, actually, I'm
> pretty sure we do).

In addition to Thiago's reply to your question, can I remind you of a line you wrote? ;)

From kdelibs/TODO:
- Prevent re-entering event loop in kded to avoid reentrancy problems like with kwallet in KDE3 (Lubos).

The idea of splitting out kwalletd (which shows a modal dialog) out of kded, should make you happy,
it solves at least one of the points where kded used to have a sub event loop.