State of mmap for icon cache

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 22:36:25 BST 2008

On 17.06.08 23:08:59, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
>> I can reproduce it, without caching the icons ourselves, code
>> completion takes
>> several seconds to populate (this is happening in a worker thread),
>> whereas
>> with the fix, it's instantaneous.
>
> Just curious, why does code completion have pixmaps?

To easily differ between public,private,protected access as well as type
of a member (i.e. data, enum, function...) for example.

>  If you are using
> QCompleter you might want code like this:
>
>        m_lineEditCompleter = new QCompleter(completionModel, this);
>        QAbstractItemView *popup = m_lineEditCompleter->popup();
>        QListView *listView = qobject_cast<QListView*>(popup);
>        if (listView)
>            listView->setUniformItemSizes(true);

Its a treeview (IIRC) in kate and it doesn't use QCompleter (completely
custom model, delegate and view AFAIK).

> But always profile rather then guess :)

Of course.

Andreas

--
You will probably marry after a very brief courtship.