[Reminder] KDE 4.1 Beta 2

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 22:10:05 BST 2008

On 17.06.08 21:50:33, Michael Jansen wrote:
> And for your multimedia key problem. Sorry. I can't afford multimedia keys
> :-). So i'm unable to reproduce and work on it. Seriously. If i can get my
> hands on a keyboard with those type of keys i will try to find ou what's the
> problem but don't count on it. I love my keyboard.

This is not a problem of getting a keyboard with such keys, its merely a
problem of telling your X11 that a given keycode should produce one of
these multimedia keys. If you want to try that let me know off-list,
I've got some basic idea about how X11 xkb works and how to make it
think you have a mut or browser key on your keyboard ;)

> But iirc your round of contacts really was about khotkeys. That one is broken
> and will be for some time because my current contract doesn't leave me much
> time for kde hacking (The euro isn't helpful either). Lubos already said he
> has no time left for it and there is noone else interested in working on it.

I suspect part of the problem is that the global shortcuts stuff isn't
quite that easy to grasp. At least I had problems when I had a try to
understand all the interactions of the various components...

> If someone want's to lend a hand. Contact me. But this is the third time i ask
> so i don't expect much feedback.

Hmm, I haven't seen anything but of course I might just have missed
that. What IMHO really needs fixing is the multimedia keys issue. I'm
prepared to have a look at that "soon" (like end of the week or next
week).

Andreas

--
A vivid and creative mind characterizes you.