KPasswordDialog and CapsLock check

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 13 02:03:59 BST 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008, alessandro diaferia wrote:
> I'm working on a patch for CapsLock checking in KPasswordDialog.
> This is what i got: http://akublog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/capslock.png

cool =)

> As this check is platform-specific I'd like to know if someone is
> interested in making this available also for Windows and Mac as my work is
> X11-Only.

the usual way is to commit with the proper platform #ifdef guards, let the
platform teams know about it (e.g. by mailing kde-windows at kde.org for the
windows team) and they can figure it out from there.

> Since the lines added are quite a few and 4.2 isn't still open i won't
> provide the code here. Btw just ask and i'll provide it =)

there is similar code in kdebase/workspace/krunner/lock/lockdlg.cc ... would
be nice to harmonize the two implementations if you haven't already.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se