Make KStyle honour KDE wide single-click behaviour

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 22:34:00 BST 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Craig Drummond wrote:
> On Thursday 12 Jun 2008, David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > The style hint is asked each time you release the mouse on an itemview,
> > > by the Qt implementation (and also double-click release).
> > >
> > > The creation of the kcomponent data is just allocating 1 dpointer with
> > > some text data (kaboutdata) and in worst case registering the component
> > > as main component if this is called from a non-kde-app. However that
> > > part can easily be cached.
> >
> > I see no reason why the kcomponentdata couldn't be a member of the style,
> > just like it is in any other "component".
>
> What about the attached patch? I've used a similar thing in the QtCurve Qt4
> style, and it seems to work fine for me. This patch also controls the icons
> on button settings, as well as mapping some KDE icons.

Still there's the potential that the style will install the main
KComponentData where the real main KCD is created later - but then its place
is already taken.

The real solution would be to create the KCD with
SkipMainComponentRegistration and make sure that all the calls that need a
main KCD can also be called on the local KCD, so that no KStyle code would
ever depend on the main KCD.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de