Automatically Generated Keyboard Accelerators (replacing kaccelgen.h)

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Jun 10 11:21:07 BST 2008

> [: Albert Astals Cid :]
> [...] a spanish keyboard you can not type ó with a single keystroke
> (altough ó exists and is completely correct) so Alt + ó as accelerator
> won't work.
>
> But probably this involves fiddling with keymaps and stuff and is not
> easy.

We could simply allow [a-z0-9] by default, and provide another meta-message
for translators to append to that what they consider is fine for their
language (hm, or make it by state rather than by language?)

Regardless, I'm more worried by the fact that lxr.kde.org reports KAccelGen
to be used only in one place, in Konqueror, and that whatever *really*
assigns accelerators (Qt?) completely ignores non-Latin characters, thus
leaving e.g. my Cyrillic menu items unaccelerated. On the other hand, if I
understood, this is exactly what e.g. CJK languages would want to happen.
So... any idea who should I complain to for script-dependent solutions? :)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)