Automatically Generated Keyboard Accelerators (replacing kaccelgen.h)

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Jun 10 07:05:41 BST 2008

On 2008-06-09, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008, Mark Summerfield wrote:
> > I also have a main.cpp and some test input and output for regression
> > testing which I can give you if you want.
>
> Sounds good; did you also run the existing unit test
> (kdelibs/kdeui/tests/kaccelgentest.cpp) with your code, to see if it
> caught any possible regressions?

Can you give me a URL to that file? I'll then download it and see if I
can integrate with it.

I'm not a KDE developer and don't have a KDE checkout. (I tested my
kaccelgen.h by creating an empty kdeui_export.h and doing my own
main.cpp.)

> Please integrate your tests with the above unit test so that they stick
> around in the long run, and become part of the automated testing.

I'll try.

> PS: are you the co-author of the Qt4 book?

Yes. (But that just means I know my way around Qt; I don't know the KDE
libraries at all!)

PS The quality() function has an error; I'll post a new patch &
kaccelgen.h later today with a corrected version.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu