Itemviews - ScrollPerItem, ScrollPerPixel

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 13:50:05 BST 2008

> I don't know. You are talking of "smooth scrolling" here, right?

No, that is something different.  The debate is about how much of the
display is shifted when you move the scrollbar up and down, not whether
there is any acceleration involved.  With the Qt default, moving the
scrollbar does nothing until you move far enough to reveal a whole item.
The display then "jumps" so that new item becomes visible.

With scroll-per-pixel the display scrolls by a certain proportionate
amount whenever the scrollbar is moved.  In either case, there is no
acceleration, the display is either scrolling or not scrolling.

"Smooth scrolling" as found in Konqueror is where there is acceleration
involved so that the scrolling starts off slow, gets to full speed then
slows down again when you let go of the scrollbar/mousewheel.

Regards,
Robert.