Itemviews - ScrollPerItem, ScrollPerPixel

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 10:53:36 BST 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008, Rafael =?iso-8859-1?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Wouldn't 2c end up overriding code that depends on on setting or another?
> > I have treeview's that require ScrollPerPixel in order to keep the rows
> > aligned with another custom widget that sits beside it.
>
> Yes, that could happen... bad stuff...
>
> Only for that very bad reason, I think we can discard it.

Well, that depends.

Is there a case where applications would require ScrollPerItem?
Otherwise the style could have logic like
  if ( the listview has currently ScrollPerItem, i.e. the default ) {
     apply user setting
  }
(otherwise, i.e. if the app has specified ScrollPerPixel explicitely, then we
leave that unchanged)