ksystemtimezone.h

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Jun 4 13:33:40 BST 2008

On Wednesday 4 June 2008 12:10, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2008 02:05:06 Simon Edwards wrote:
>> Simon Edwards wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > While updating PyKDE bindings I noticed that the KSystemTimeZoneData
>> > class defined in ksystemtimezone.h is not exported with KDECORE_EXPORT
>> > and hence cannot be used outside kdelibs, but it is documented on
>> > techbase as being part of the public API. I don't think this makes
>> sense.

>> In more-of-the-same news: class KTzfileTimeZoneData from
>> ktzfiletimezone.h is documented on techbase as being API, but it is not
>> exported, and KTzfileTimeZoneSource::location() is in the .h file but
>> not in the .cpp file.

KTzfileTimeZoneSource::location() should be implemented - I'll do that
when I get the chance.

> Since they aren't visible and nobody has complained, I'd guess that
> they don't need to be KDECORE_EXPORTed.
>
> Therefore it seems we need to fix the apidox.
> 1 possibility is to use @internal tag.
> Another possibility is to put a @cond FOO .. @endcond around
> the class so doxygen doesn't process it at all.

The don't currently need to be KDECORE_EXPORTed, and probably won't ever
need to be. I'll add an @internal tag to the two classes, since they are
mentioned in the apidox for the other classes.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.