kwallet and QCA

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:17:30 BST 2008

Hi,

This doesn't answer your question directly but something that came up at
FOSSCamp during the KDE/Gnome collaboration session and which also
relates to upcoming specifications in Ubuntu and Fedora for
single-sign-on* is that it would be useful to share the password
management storage, API and/or code between gnome, KDE, Firefox,
OpenOffice etc.  I don't know whether OpenSuSE are planning anything in
this area.

Since this is not particularly exciting stuff I think it was suggested
that a single shared library could be used to do all of the backend
work.

Unfortunately since QCA depends on Qt, I guess that might be a hard-sell
as one of the dependencies.

Regards,
Robert.

* single-sign-on being the idea that when you login to your desktop, you
also log into chosen web services at the same time - with usernames and
passwords kept in KWallet/gnome-keyring etc.