Qt SVG renderer

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jul 31 17:12:53 BST 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 13:54:22 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > @ereslibre:
> > It would be REALLY helpful if you could somehow provide the
> > mis-rendering svg's as well (link to websvn is probably ok); I'm sure
> > this would be a tremendous help to the Qt folk.
>
> Hmm, yes... let's see if I can do it ASAP.

There's no rush for us.

The poor developer who volunteered to do the work downloaded all of the SVGs
already from the KDE servers. We have an internal tool that compares a given
baseline of rendering (Inkscape) to what QSvgRenderer produces.

Unwilling to submit 112 MB of decompressed SVGs to our servers, the developer
spent the last day writing a function to decompress gzipped data. So Qt 4.5
should support .svgz icons too. :-)

By the next week, our internal testing should be in place already. I think we
had 580 failures out of 700-something icons.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358