KCapacitybar on places item view

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 11:46:50 BST 2008

Le Tuesday 29 July 2008, Sebastian Kügler a écrit :
> I'm on the fence here. It looks cool, but definitely also clutters the
> interface. A place where such a capacity bar would be great is the
> devicenotifier, no?

Sure, or on Kickoff (we have a ugly one ATM).

Also as I pointed out (but from discussion on IRC it seems it got unnoticed),
this kind of things have technical shortcomings to update the info. Basically,
right now you're forced to poll as I did in Kickoff (if someone can point me a
way to do it reliably with KDirWatch I could fix Kickoff). I'm really
concerned to see this kind of polling in something as pervasive as the places
view (used in kfiledialog and dolphin, maybe more I didn't check).

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."