KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/icons

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Jul 28 19:22:29 BST 2008

A Monday 28 July 2008 16:19:06, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Monday 28 July 2008, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > If the general problem is oxygen specific then we should restrict the
> > hack to oxygen,
>
> oxygen shows the problems, but so will any icon that uses SVG features that
> QSvgRenderer doesn't support. i don't think that many other svg themes have
> overly complex icons, though.

i think the old tango is ok, well mostly ok, but the new one "mango" is has
complex in the svg trics as oxygen is, It's a bit like this, the icon
creators use basacly 2 programs to make them inkscape or illustrator.. and we
use everything we can in order to create the best art our skils premit us to
have. That inculdes masks cliping BLUR (yes we use alot of blur) multiply
filters etc etc.

if you askme reandering svg is not the best idea for icons, im taking about 30
minutes to render some of them, yaeh some are prety complex.... Also svg is
not realy scalable (I can debate on this issue alot)  but just check out the
oxygen svg sources to fnd that most icons have svg version for each size...
same goes for tango btw..

--

core oxygen icon designer