format date and includeSeconds

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Jul 28 12:58:32 BST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 21:08, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> I have a small issue in KMail, and tracing it I got to the file:
> kdelibs/kdecore/localization/klocale.cpp
>
> "Problem": when kmail has a mail with this date (checking the headers):
> Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:54:45 +0200
> (for example)
>
> In the kmail standard view I get this date:
> 06-07-08 15:54
>
> In my opinion it should say 15:55, not 15:54.

I'd say that the first thing to discuss is whether it _should_ say 15:55
instead of 15:54, and that discussion should be on the kde-pim list, not
kde-core-devel. I wouldn't normally expect rounding to be applied to
times, so if any rounding needs to be done, IMHO it should be done by
KMail before calling the function in klocale.cpp.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.