format date and includeSeconds

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Fri Jul 25 21:08:26 BST 2008

Hello,

I have a small issue in KMail, and tracing it I got to the file:
kdelibs/kdecore/localization/klocale.cpp

"Problem": when kmail has a mail with this date (checking the headers):
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:54:45 +0200
(for example)

In the kmail standard view I get this date:
06-07-08 15:54

In my opinion it should say 15:55, not 15:54.

It seems that this happends in the klocale.cpp file formatTime method,
where is checking in the line 1818 if it includes the seconds or
doesn't include the seconds. But includeSecs variable is not affecting
to the minutes.

(Actually I think that this is needed to handle in formatDateTime
because adding a minute could add an hour that could add a day...
From: 31 Dec 2009 23:59:31 (original)

To: 01-01-09 00:00 (short way)
)

Is this intended?)

Later or tomorrow I have some time to prepare a patch for this small
issue.

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona