Help with making stuff compile on non-Linux

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Tue Jul 22 23:33:23 BST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 22:44:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> >On Tuesday 22 July 2008 20:03:36 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> >> I need the attached code to compile for KDE. That means that I need
> >> cmake checks and windows or mac versions for it. Can someone help me
> >> there before I commit?
> >
> >Might I also suggest "linux versions with a kernel < 2.6.13" as a
> > target, or is the whole kernel-of-the-week thing strong enough that
> > those systems are too old to run KDE?
>
> When the syscall doesn't exist, this will simply cause the process not to
> lower its I/O priority.
>
> However, if that happens, the application will need code to pace itself.

So, ionice was introduced in 2.6.13 then? Hm, that is actually a pretty
unwelcome restriction. On the other hand, the code is used for strigi which
can be deactivated.
In any case I would not really know how to make the app pace itself regarding
to IO. I am not even sure if its worth the effort at the moment.

I would tend towards Alex' proposition to ifdef the calls the easy way, so it
compiles everywhere and uses the lowest priority possible.

So that would mean something like

#ifndef SYS_ioprio_set
return false
#endif