Label Alignment in KDE4

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sun Jul 20 02:30:21 BST 2008

The biggest issue is getting the input and combo labels aligned because this
effects a lot of the look and feel.  If it really is that big of a deal to
have flipped checkbox labels (i.e. requires hacks, lots of thinking), I guess
we can make it optional and fix them as we find usability issues.  Checkbox
label alignment and position can effect usability as I showed in some of my
examples but I'd rather see some of the form alignment fixed than none.

As for groupboxes vs hlines, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  The
benefit of group boxes is not just the separation (grouping) they provide,
but also the label.  A lot of information would be lost if there was just a
horizontal line.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
celeste at kde.org